I always enjoy spotting TAGS actors on other series, and enjoy reading
folks' comments here when they spot them too. It's hard to see, say, Denver
Pyle on PERRY MASON and not think, "Hey, there's Briscoe Darling!"

But we're talking about the actors, not the characters themselves, so that
got me "thankin'" (without a bucket over my head):

How many times did TAGS *characters* (Sheriff Taylor, Deputy Fife, Opie,
etc.) actually appear on other TV shows?

Off the top of my head: We start with Andy and Opie on THE DANNY THOMAS
SHOW (the TAGS pilot). Then Goober, Aunt Bee, and Opie guest-starred on
GOMER PYLE, USMC (did I miss any Mayberry guest?). And it's been a while
since I saw HEE HAW, but didn't George Lindsey play Goober there from time
to time?

Then there were parodies of TAGS characters, like Don Knotts as the lawman
of "Juneberry" when he guest-starred on THE NEW SCOOBY-DOO MOVIES Saturday
morning cartoon.

Just goes to show you the far-reaching influence of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW
and Mayberry's beloved citizens?

Can y'all think of any others?

>From the Mayberry-like New Bern, NC,
Michael Eury