Ok, I need to clean my head about something. I've ready many articles such as
the one attached below I found recently. Where is the real Mayberry ? I live
about an hour away from Mt Airy and ride my motorcycle on the Blue Ridge
Parkway fairly often. There are two things I remember seeing very well up
there. One is a Mayberry Church and the other is a Mayberry Trading Post. I
asked a nice lady who has lots of Mayberry ( the show ) memorabilia in her
store about the area on the parkway being Mayberry. She said it was Mayberry
and the township or whatever it was , was registered as Mayberry on the map,
though I found the address to be 883 Mayberry Church Rd, Meadows of Dan, VA
24120. The name of the road raises questions too.
I apologize if I have a false memory but that is what I remember. What makes it
so strange is that Mt. Airy and the Mayberry on the BRP are only 17 miles
apart. Was it remotely possible that Andy Griffith/or someone else got the name
of TAGS town from that little spot on the BRP ? Mayberry is a state of mind, Mt
Airy is a reflection of the show but I think the name itself came from the Blue
Ridge Parkway.

http://www.mtnlaurel.com/mountain-memories/562-the-real-mayberry.html
[http://mtnlaurel.com/images/2015/1501/images/miss_addie_peggy.jpg]<http://www.mtnlaurel.com/mountain-memories/562-the-real-mayberry.html>
The Real Mayberry - The Mountain
Laurel<http://www.mtnlaurel.com/mountain-memories/562-the-real-mayberry.html>
Mayberry Creek Post Office was established on the head waters of Mayberry
Creek, near where the Hurricane Hill Dairy is now, on October 4, 1872. Jehu
Barnard was the first post master, with the post office being in his home.
www.mtnlaurel.com

Holland