> you still laughed out loud when Opie and his friend were trying so hard to
> make up his bed.

That is a scene that was cut from the Viacom edits so you rarely see it, but it
is a great scene. My theory is they just let the camera roll and told Ronnie
Howard to have fun making the bed. (well, its just a theory).

Having digested more than my share of watching TAGS on TBS or WGN back in the
day, I remember the Greensboro station aired (and may still) their own edits to
include the epilogue and other scenes (e.g. bed making) and other scenes that
were cut to make room for commercials. The DVDs are nearly 100% complete and it
is fun to come across a scene that seems new - like finding a gem in a mine.
Scenes were almost always cut when they didn't move the plot or be critical to
the story, but they certainly gave life to the episode and the characters.

Speaking of beds, to this day I make the bed like Aunt Bee did by folding back
the top, laying on the pillows in the right position and folding the pillows
and comforter back to top. I have to give thanks to Paul Mulick for letting me
know which episode that was from.

Jeff