I taped an old movie and got around to watching it yesterday. It is titled "Cheaper by the Dozen" starring Clifton Webb, in which he is an efficiency expert with 12 children. In one part, he goes to a high school dance with his daughter to keep an eye on her and who turns up? There was our Thelma Lou as another  student recently moved there. She was adorable and had a thick southern accent. The movie was distributed in 1950, 11 years before Betty Lynn  first appeared in Mayberry. It sure was nice seeing her and hearing her charming voice. I admired her greatly.

Aunt Bee of Orlando