We can't forget, hot dogs were Ben Matlock's favorite.  Seems like he was
always eating one.

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 00:51:57 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Mulik <paulmu...@yahoo.com>
To: <wbmutbb@wbmutbb.com>
Subject: Hot dogs

Jeff recently asked a trivia question about a food being offered to the crowd
that had come to watch the gold truck. No, you?re gold. COLD! I did not say
gold!
Anyway, the answer that came to me was hot dogs (I thought of it standing in
the corner). Here are a few other?instances when?hot dogs (aka wienies) were
seen or mentioned on The Andy Griffith Show.?
In Ellie for Council, Opie eats at least four of them at the picnic,?while the
adults watch in disbelief.?
In Back to Nature, Aunt Bee sends Fletch with?some roast chicken to Andy,
at?the campsite, figuring he must be getting tired of hot dogs.?
Opie and His Merry Men enjoy wienies and root beer, which they call roasted
venison and nut-brown ale.?
Andy tells Barney that he wants to take Peggy to a fancy restaurant, since?he
had already taken her to the Wiener-Burger. This was a reference to a real
establishment in Mt. Airy, and it was also a favorite of Sgt. Carter?s on Gomer
Pyle ? USMC.?
Andy attempts to cook franks?and beans for Opie in Andy and Opie, Bachelors.
(Is THAT?what they are? ?Kinda hard to tell under all the black parts.)

In Goober Goes to an Auto Show, one?old friend doesn?t want the other?to think
he can?t afford to buy him a hot dog.?
When The Fun Girls attempt to get Andy and Barney to arrest them, Duncan?s Hot
Dogs stand?is visible in the background.?
?Paul Mulik