The dust has settled on another WBMUTBB Silent Auction and it was our biggest
year with a total of $6,246 raised for the Surry Arts Council this year. So
many people to thank for their help with donations, assistance, and bidding. We
tried something new this year with the TAGSale "Buy It Now" price and that was
a success in reducing inventory quickly and letting people acquire something
without having to wait. A special thanks to auctioneers James Pierce and Eric
Lowery for their willingness and abilities.

Some valuable lessons learned having gone through a little different format
this year. One is needing a couple more volunteers to help with some specific
tasks so if you are thinking you would like to be a part of the fun, please let
me know. I've had a bucket on my head since Saturday and thought about a couple
new things we might try next year.

There are things that came in this year that didn't make it out to the tables,
along with items that have been waiting for years to make an appearance, so
keep your creativity going to make those great Mayberry items and plan for our
24th auction(s) next year at the 34th annual Mayberry Days.

Jeff