Hi James^WTris,

> One of the tech guys here, who quite frankly has no clue,
> has told me that FormMail has been 'hacked'.

Old versions of FormMail have a lot of problems. I think - but I'm not sure
- that these have been fixed in later versions though. I don't think I've
seen anything on bugtraq recently, but then again I don't really keep an eye
open for holes in CGI scripts I don't use :-)

> He offered no further info, but strongly advised me to get
> rid of it, and to use PHP mail.

If the rest of your site is PHP-driven I'd have to agree with him.

Why are you using FormMail anyway? AIUI it's for setting up handlers for
"Contact us" pages on websites run by people who have a cgi-bin but no
programming knowledge.

> He really does talk alot of cobblers, ( I have no idea if PHP Mail is a
> product, a function etc?)

It's just a function that calls sendmail/qmail/whatever, or whatever the
equivalent is on a Win32 system. Read all about it: http://php.net/mail

Cheers
Jon