I'm trying to input data to a database using a .vbs.  I can't get the open
string correct.  If someone could please look at my code and help me figure
out what's wrong.

strSql = "Select * From tblproapp_cat where esnum = '" & strES & "' AND
revnm = '" & strRevision & "'"
set rsItem = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rsItem.Open strSql, strconn, adOpenKeyset, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable

When trying to update the record (and 1 record does exist I checked what it
was returning) I get the following error.
3704 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

If I take off , adOpenKeyset, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable I get the
following error.
3251 Object or provider is not capable of performing the requested operation

Please help.

Thanks Robert