At 08:05 AM 9/4/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, Bj.  I tried this, didn't make a bit of difference.
I also tried a different port and couldn't even log in.
I've also tried different ftp programs, didn't help.
I've called my cable modem people, they say it's a server problem,
the tech did give me some things to try, but nothing he suggested
worked.  I've no tried different ping programs, none of them work
either.  I'm so sick of dealing w/this I could scream, literally!
The server people and I even tried a test on a different server,
same results. I've written to Ipswitch, but don't expect to hear
from them for many hours.

Deb