I used "index", though you could also use "default". Both are pretty
standard on ISPs for standard starting points, so if someone puts in
just www.webpage.com/arts/, they'll get to
www.webpage.com/arts/index.html without getting a directory listing or
file denial. And if you move to a different server, it generally means
no edits or special requests required.

HTH

Ali