From: Amanda Birmingham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] IE won't view source, ever ... pls help!

Dear List,
A while ago, my IE 5 install lost the ability to view source; I've just
upgraded to IE 6, and it still hasn't come back.  I *have tried* a number
of fixes (see below) but none of them has worked ... I still get the same
reaction, which is that NOTHING happens (notepad doesn't open, there is no
error message, just *nothing*).   If anyone knows of *other* possible ways
to get my "view source" capability back, I'd be *really, really* grateful
to hear them.  I feel crippled without it!

I have already tried (without any luck):
* emptying my temporary internet files
* checking that notepad.exe is installed in c:\windows, where it is expected
* running IE's repair functionality
* checking that IE's html editor is set to notepad
* checking that the TMP environmental variable is set to a directory that
actually exists

Any help greatly appreciated .. TIA,
Amanda Birmingham

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____