Apparently I get my computer audio equipment from Appalling R Us, Inc.
It actually took me a really long time to use sound at all on my computer. I
have the speakers turned off almost all the time. I only turn them on when I
want to listen to internet radio, something I haven't done for a while,
actually.

I never knew MIDI could sound good. Thanks for the info.
Sherry