James,
  I must agree with Gerrie, the popup can get annoying.  Were it not for the
onmouseover event on the image, it would be okay, but as it is I had the window pop
some 6 or 7 times before I figured out what not to do.  Maybe this would be better
with an onload event or even setting a cookie, so that hapless browsers dont run
screaming away because they can't figure out why the popup keeps popping.
  I am a bit confused as to why you chose to use flash for the navigation and the
footer.  You have a standard sans-serif font that could be specified through styles
and all that is happening in the navigation is a simple rollover, also achievable with
stylesheets.  If the purpose is to have them be a single linked file to make
modification across the site simpler, you would do better, IMO, to make them includes.
 Less overall file weight and just as much functionality.
  Cross-browser stuff: The site is illegible in NS4.  see screenshot at:
http://neohero.municode.com/ns4error.jpg
Looks and works fine in NS 6, 7 and Moz 1.1 (win2k). Opera 6.03 displays it fine as
well.
  One other suggestion:  You might consider additional navigation on the advertising
subpages (something like a back button maybe?).  Other than that, I enjoy the design,
it looks sharp and I would say, job well done.

Regards,
Stephen Caudill
Web Developer
Municipal Code Corporation