From: Cheryl D. Wise
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 7:28 PM
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: Domain Registration/Renewals

I've never paid a fee to the registrar I was leaving when moving a
domain
whether one of my own or one belonging to a client. I've moved
from
Verisign, Network Solutions, Register and several others. All I've
ever paid
is the renewal fee. Though Network Solutions/Verisign made it
difficult by
sending a "you must reply within 48 hours to this message or we
will deny
your transfer" received at 11:50 p.m. on a Friday night. So if I
didn't work
from home I would have had my transfer denied before retuning to
work on
Monday. Then the whole thing would have to be started all over.
FWIW, I
started the domain transfer process the Monday before receiving
the
"confirmation required" email.

I'll agree that paying over $10 per year for a .com, .net, .org,
.biz, .us
is over spending. Can't speak about .co.uk from personal
experience.

The registrar I've been using for the last year is
www.namecheap.com.

Cheryl D. Wise
WiserWays
Office: 713.353.0139