Can any one tell me more about the javascript error "img has no properties"?

I am using Dreamweaver MX.
I created a page that has an image map via Fireworks MX.
I have not modified the script that Studio MX created, which is a slight
variation of Netscape's mm_menu.js
I have tested the page in IE 5.5 & 6  works great....alt's display nicely,
popup menus display
Started Testing in Netscape 4.77 & I get the error message above.
the pop-up menus don't display in Netscape and the long alts run off the
page.

Is this caused by the 1 px spacer gif's Studio MX put in the map?  Or some
other netscape issue?

Thanks for your input.