From: J.R. Pitts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 4:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] RE: Passing and saving form variables

You could create a new form that had hidden values like you say. It's
appears you are creating an letter where you are wanting to preview what
it will actually look like. If so, that is probably your best bet. If
you are just wanting them to approve of their entries, you could post
the page to itself, post the results back into themselves.

ie.

<input type="text" name="txtDearName"
value="<%=Request.Form("txtDearName")%>">

Another, more involved option, if the first paragraph describes
accurately what you are wanting to do, is use javascript to
interactively build the letter clientside based on a form on the bottom
of the screen (using onChange event handlers.) Maybe a little gangly,
but so is using three pages to process one form.

J.R.