Perry et al,
Du-uh. Maybe I don't have a problem after all. I use NN 4.7 on a dial-up and
when the page loads you can see all the little alt tags' text in the boxes that
are soon to be filled in with the rectangular buttons. The boxes remain blank
for "town officials", "professionals" and a couple of the others.

But yes, when I roll the mouse over the buttons I can read the alt tags just
fine. So, maybe I just have another question: is that enough for text-reading
persons with visual impairments to be able to use the page nicely? Can their
browsers read those alt tags even if they don't show up in the little boxes, is
the mouse over label enough for them? If so, then I don't have a problem. If so,
then I'll guess my problem with Bobbie is because I have an unlabelled spacer
gif (and maybe some unlabelled tables) on the page.

I'd quite forgotten about the info feature. Thanks for the reminder, Perry.

The labeling of the "educator" button image as "Image191" occurs on Line 108 in
my DW HTML. It doesn't seem to affect anything but is puzzling. Perhaps it's a
JS thing but I don't see that sort of label anywhere else...

Thank you. This really is helpful.
Sherry