J.R. wrote:
I went back and tried it again, and it works on my test case (don't know
what I screwed up before.)

Tim sez:
One thing I've learned to do, since I usually test with IE first, is to
do the "Tools / Internet Options / General / Delete Temporary Internet
files" quite often - sometimes with every code change.  Even with ASP
pages, if I make changes in the associated .css files, the browser cache
doesn't recognize the changes and loads up the old stuff rather than
pull down the new versions.

MANY times I've tweaked and tweaked code to no avail only to find out
the real problem was the browser caching rather than my code being
broken.  It bites.  :-)  I know, I know...I could probably turn it
off...but it lets me see what other people are experiencing, and I do
lean on the cache for some of our images.

Tim
Tim Furry
Web Developer
Foulston Siefkin LLP