What are measures you can take if you have gotten stuck with a web space provider
whose security leaves much to be desired. Are
there personal site "firewalls" one can use to beef up form submission security for
example?
Example: We want new users to be able to sign up by form submission but spammers have
been using our site to do mass mailings. I
need ideas for solutions to offer to my team.

AuntySpam
(Norma) http://www.geocities.com/brewnetty/
 http://coastline.cccd.edu/~spcprgms/about.htm
  http://brewnetty.0catch.com
    http://www.getrealresults.com
Don't be afraid of living ~the alternative's final.