From: jac - WDVL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 10:38 AM
Subject: [wdvltalk] [OT] Re: I'm Back!! lol

: Thanks Jan :o) yeah Crete was good, Alan & I got very drunk for the first
: few nights (we'll call it unwinding shall we) lol. & yes, I had work to do
: when I was away - a solicitors site which I started before I left but it
ran
: into some problems (emails & servers) that needed to be sorted so that
cost
: me 140 EUR in phone charges & a lot of stress/worry. actually looking back
: on the last few weeks I think I could have done without them! :o) but ...
we
: enjoyed the time together & that's what counts.
: At the moment I've accepted that most of the work stuff is gone forever &
: just getting on with what I could recover. never gonna make that mistake
: again though. Had a freak out last night - oh it's just so frustrating &
: useless. and then i was getting over-tired and started making stupid
: mistakes. it's funny looking back on it now - I turned into a 5 year old,
: you know when they're crying & trying to speak at the same time & it comes
: out kinda blurbering sob words?....well that was me last night at about
: 1.30am telling Alan that I just "couldn't get it to work!!" lol
: anyway...all is fine now.. trying to catch up on a week of work & having a
: couple of Baileys.
:
: my best to everyone
: jac.
:
:
: > Jac,
: > Oh no, that's terrible. Did you have a good time on your vacation?
: > Did you do any work at that time? I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
: > Tell us about it, it might make you feel better about the mess you
: > have on your computers.
: >
: > Jan
: >
: >
: > jac - WDVL wrote:
: > > oh god what a nightmare I've just been through.
: > > so the 80 gig hard drive (which I only bought 2 months ago) died on
: Monday
: > > morning... so even though it may have seemed from my emails I didn't
: really
: > > panic cause I thought "hey it's ok, I have my tape backups" - what a
: mess!
: > > The tapes turned out to be backups of empty folders. When I first got
: the
: > > tape drive I did a full backup but somewhere between then & last
monday
: I
: > > apparently canceled during a backup & then all incremental backups
were
: just
: > > of folders that had content that was modified. am I making sense with
: this?
: > > so I finally had to reinstall XP & All my programmes - & now I have
: about 8
: > > complete site folders out of say about 40. Site files, png source
files,
: > > etc... all gone. at this stage I'm just grateful that the machine is
in
: > > working order again!! lol
: > >
: > > jac.
: > >
: > > DO YOUR BACKUPS & THEN DO BACKUPS OF YOUR BACKUPS!!!
:
:
:
:
: ____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
: To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:        Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: To change subscription settings to the wdvltalk digest version:
:     http://wdvl.internet.com/WDVL/Forum/#sub
:
:
: You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:
: