Hello Jan,

> 1.  I'm using the background: url() as you did, but I'm wondering
> if that automatically sets the imagelink below the textlink and
> that's why I can see the textlink?

> 2.  I've tried using using other css properties, and variations
> of z-indexes, etc., none of which work. Am I missing something?

> My html code is somewhat different that yours, and it works
> without the div id=left or div id=right (I'm using margins
> instead). Would you be interested in checking the page and css
> code?  Maybe you can find any errors or whatever. If so, you can
> find them here:

>       http://www.jdvisions.com/test.html
>       http://www.jdvisions.com/overout.css

> If any other list member wants to check them out, please do.

1) absolutely! You put the image as a background, and therefore one can see the text.
You either have to switch off the text while you hover, or you don't put the image as
a background, but with content:, I think that's the better way:

look for the lines where you have something like
#html a:hover {
        background: url("images/valid-html401.gif");

replace the 'background:' with 'content:'

--
Regards,
 Jurgen

Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/11