I am trying to establish an alert system that will notify userA by email if
a system is failing or userB if the system did not bring down all of the
required elements.  Here is a summary of what I am trying to achieve.

Using a stored procedure
Get the curdate, curtime, and last polled hour.
A. Get the distinct value from column a (the information in a column is 3000
lines long I only need 8)

B. Get the Top and Bottom values from the values of A. ie column A = 1, 2,
3, 4, 6, 7, 8 get the high and low of 1 the high and low of 2 etc...

columna columnbhigh columnclow
1       123             2230
2       23          345
3       45          456

C. Get the time that the information was polled ie: where hour >=
(@polledhr)
D. Compare the values.
E. If a field is not returned from column A, columnbhigh send email to
person A
   else ColumnA, columnclow send email to person B,
   else end.

Can this be performed in MSSQL2k????