David Barnes wrote:
Hi Jan,

I am a list lurker, because I am intrigued with web design
and try to dabble in it, but I work full time, and I also
> go to school at night, plus with a family and all, just
don't have much time so I don't have the expertise knowledge
> that you might need, however I did have a thought in regards
> to what your trying to do.

David,
Glad you joined in the discussion.

> I haven't looked at your css sheet and I don't even know if
> what I am thinking is possible but I noticed that the text
> turns red when you mouseover (the image also appears) and I
> was thinking that you could make a special class for those
> links, and have the text color change to black as part of
> the hover properties, in addition to the image popup, then
> the text would match the background and would not be seen.

Your suggestion sounded logical, possible, and perfect to me. I was so sure it would work. I tried several varieties, #html a.b.hover, #div a.hover, but they all had the same results. I even changed a.hover and all other hovers to be color: #000 and background-color: #000, just to see if that would work, but then
the black text was still showing on the image rollover?

> Not sure if that is feasible but it was a thought that I had
> when looking at the site.

Thanks for your suggestion. It was a great idea, and maybe it can work if there is one or more properties of the a, a:visited and a:hover that could be added to fix it. Yesterday I played around with many other css properties trying to find a fix, but didn't. I also tried using 'foreground: url();' to see if it would work, knowing full well that 'foreground' is not a css property.

No matter that your idea didn't work, you have inspired me to try enclosing the whole valid section in a box, and I might try to find a way to hide { display: none; } the textlink when it is mouseovered. Thanks.

Loren's imagelink rollovers worked perfectly, but he had so much code, and I tried by process of elimination to his code to figure out exactly what is making the textlink not show up, but couldn't get it. I'm hoping that if he knows the answer, he'll tell me what it is.

Jan

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.