Cheers guys, worked a treat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Hoover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 August 2003 13:35
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: MP3 > Wav File

James -
an excellent freeware program (open sourge) is
"Audacity".  It will allow you to convert MP3 to WAV,
WAV to MP3 and you can also edit the file to get get
just a selected part and/or adjust the sound.

You can get it at http://audacity.sourceforge.net.

I'm not connected with it in any way, but have used it
very successsfully.

Bob Hoover

--- James Jarvis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Slightly off topic. I am doing a powerpoint
> presentation and need to put
> about 30 seconds of sound into the opening slide.
>
> I have the music I need as an MP3, so could have it
> an a CD audio track, but
> I need it as a wav file to go into powerpoint.
>
> I have tried recording it through soundrecorder, but
> it doesn't pick up
> unless I run a lead from the headphone through to
> the mic, but it is then
> very distorted.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> James
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Quest Meda Limited
> The National Business Awards sponsored by Orange
>
> ____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
> To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To set a personal password send an email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK
> pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.
> To change subscription settings to the wdvltalk
> digest version:

%%email.unsub%%