>I am after some advice on the best way to handle multi page ASP forms.  I
>have searched around a little and their seems to be three alternatives -
>hidden fields, cookies or session variables.  What are the benefits or
>disadvantages of each method in your opinion?  My form will be probably 5
or
>so pages long, with around 20 fields per page.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I am collecting the data as an application form
into a single table database.  My client and I are both against a long
single page and we would prefer to break it up into logical pages of related
information, eventhough the database isn't necessarily set up this way.

David said:
"....I would write the main database row for the customer and then retrieve
a unique customer id and hold that as a session variable."

This sounds like what I would like to do.  Can you point me in the direction
of some information/code to implement this approach?  What happens if a user
bails out half way through the application process?  Can you detect if the
session "expires" then you delete the records from the database for that
row?  Or can they return later?  I have added a "complete" flag to the
database to indicate a completed application, so perhaps I could utilise
this?

Thanks again

Heath