Um Robert...

Why so touchy dude? This thread was about getting some
info on a problem so far I had not encountered, not an
attempt by me to utter destroy what little credibility
Microsoft has left...

> Buffer overflows are a function of the
> language/Compiler (C or C++), not the
> operating system. Buffer overflows happen in all
> OSs...

Yes I know but my point was merely that a little more
attention should be paid to things like this that can
cause severe security issues...

> Don't confuse the number of discovered
> vulnerabilities out there with
> how buggy a program is

IMHO the more vulnerabilities in a program, the more
errors in the code, hence the more buggy it is...

> BTW, it's Microsoft or MS, NOT M$. I make my living
> as a Windows programmer.

Programming FOR Windows, or Windows itself? I make a
living as a Macromedia programmer but it doesn't stop
me from screaming the house down every time they pull
one of their rampant profiteering moves (and same goes
for Adobe) or charge a fortune for something that
doesn't work (i.e. Director 8.5). As a user and
consumer that is my RIGHT.

We all have our opinions on Microsoft, but any company
that charges £140 for an OS that is full of holes or
£600+ for a prettier interface on an app with no real
improvements or features (i.e. Office XP) deserves
having as many $$$ added to its name as it can hold...

In any case, I'm dropping this now. Thanks to all for
the info, but I fear I shall keep my big mouth shut in
future when it comes to opinions and debate.

MOU

P.S. Although the Social list is available if anybody
wants to continue chatting on this topic...