Ross
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "trying to load in an external movie" and "this second movie's soundtrack is not playing"

There usually is no problem importing music, or importing a movie clip into Flash. I do it all the time.

If the movie clip is a Flash movie click all you have to do is import it into your current movie library, then you choose which layer and frame or scene you want to make it start and voila, it's there.

I have imported music and movie clips with no problem. Let's say
that you want to import a scene from another clip into your current flash movie, you can also go into the "source" movie, copy each frame one at a time (it's better than trying to copy 2 or more timeline frames), and then you paste that data into your "current movie".

Another way to put the music there is to use a swf decompiler to extract the music and you can load it into your current movie and they get it in sync.

If the music is not playing, then you you might have encountered an error when you imported it into the current movie. Did you import it and then forgot to insert it into its own layer?

I'm no expert, but you shouldn't be having problems. I can suggest that you give me a copy of your current .fla, and a copy of the .fla file that you want to copy and I can try to do it for you. Other than the instructions I gave you above, there is no other way I can help you out.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

hth

Jan

Ross Clutterbuck wrote:
Hi all

This Flash problem is doing my head in. I've got a
master Flash movie which has no sound in it and I'm
trying to load in an external movie into a MovieClip.
Problem is though this second movie's soundtrack is
not playing.

Not only is this a problem but as this movie relies on
the sound playing to sync the animation so the whole
thing goes awry.

Any ideas?

Not sure if I can get them online just yet because our
FTP server has gone bye-bye.

Cheers all,

Ross

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.