At 08:10 PM 09/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Hi Jan and Tom:

Thanks a lot for your responses.

I prepare to use CD-RW because of some backed files or folds are changeable,
and so to re-use the CD with backed files is more convenient and save
CDs. I just
want to know if the rewriting steps are the same as first time writing?

I am using "Easy CD Creator 5.31", it's rather good.

Zhao

Just keep in mind what I said about CDRWs. If you must use them, make at least two copies of every single CDRW you create - they're about as reliable as a 20 year old 5.25 inch floppy! You're going to have some come up as unreadable - I can guarantee it!

Using CDRWs is easy with Direct CD - when you insert a blank CDRW,
Direct CD will normally bring up a dialog box to format it.  This
usually takes around 40 minutes, more or less, even on a fast
burner.  Once formated, you can use the CD just like a floppy or
zip disk.

Just keep this in mind.  All CD's - even CDRW's - record in a
continuous, sequential single track.  Deleting files and re-writing
them will fragment the CD.  The more this is done, the more
unreliable the CDRW becomes.

Good luck,
Tom
What did an average guy do online last month that
just earned him $12,540, and allowed him to *fire
       his boss* with his future earnings?
         http://tomfosson.com/answer.htm

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.