On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, 8:16:48 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] commented:

cwc> Let me know if you have any positive/negative effects to the
cwc> auto-responses, 'k?

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear - I WON'T be using
auto-responders, because I hate them. I WILL be using short,
form responses when I can't get to something right away - by
"form" I mean that I'll build a template so that I can
generate the response quickly. Howevever, it will still be
somewhat personalized, acknowledging the nature of the
communication.

I think autoresponders that give some sort of individual
feedback are useful - such as a tech support response that
tells you a case number.  Also, if the person is on vacation
or the office is closed, that's nice to know.

But a very generic response is probably a waste of time, in
my opinion.

-Abigail