From: "Elisa Butler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 9:06 AM
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: css problem - ( concerning browsers)

: Cheryl
:
: Great post.
:
: I hope you don't mind me asking you these questions : which Mozilla do
: you use and why did you recently remove NS 6.2  and do you intend on
: installing NS 7.1 (or NS 7.2 if you can find it)?
:
: I'm asking because I would like to somewhat update my browsers for testing
: purposes but still have that "fear" of losing some of my old ones
: (meaning IE 5 and NS 4.77 being overwritten - is that even a word? ;-).
:
: I have NS 4.77, IE 5, Opera 5 & 6 and Mozilla 0.9.5.  I do want to
: upgrade to Mozilla 1.5 but given that one must purchase it and I do want
: it on a CD-Rom, it's not going to happen until I go home (they don't
: seem to want to ship it to France).  I gapped out buying it last time
: I was in Michigan - still kicking myself.
:
: Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate your feedback.
:
: Elisa Butler
:
: P.S.  I keep my dinosaurs because I see that many of my clients'
: visitors still use them.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: CDW> Jan,
:
: CDW> While I applaud using percents so people can adjust sizes but 73% on
my
: CDW> laptop in its default configuration isn't readable. Nor will it be
readable
: CDW> on a Mac which renders text smaller than with IE on the PC. While
many
: CDW> designers love small font sizes from my informal survey (students
where I
: CDW> teach age range of 19-70, average 40ish) anything below 80% is
uncomfortable
: CDW> and most don't like it below 90% for body text.
:
: CDW> BTW, why would "training for exchange" by which I take you mean
Exchange
: CDW> Server limit you to IE for browser testing?
:
: CDW> I'm rather firmly in the MS OS camp (I dislike command line and
gladly
: CDW> abandoned it with Windows 95) but I still have IE 6, NN 4 (recently
removed
: CDW> 6.2), Mozilla, Opera 6 & 7 for testing purposes.
:
: CDW> For a down and dirty comparisons of font sizes. The default size for
IE is
: CDW> roughly 13.5pt while for Netscape it is 12pt.
:
:
: CDW> Cheryl D. Wise
: CDW> MS-MVP-FrontPage
: CDW> www.wiserways.com
: CDW> mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: CDW> 713.353.0139 Office
:
:
: ____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
: To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:        Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.
: To change subscription settings to the wdvltalk digest version:
:     http://wdvl.internet.com/WDVL/Forum/#sub
:
:
: You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:
:

---