Hi Gerrie

The problem is that JPEG is a "lossy" compression (i.e. you lose quality
when you compress) so the more you try and get the file size smaller the
more quality you're gonna drop. Also JPEG isn't very good at compressing
solid blocks of colour.

Best think to do would be to have the graphic as a GIF (lossless compression
and good for flat colour). As you've got a solid background you won't need
to worry about having any transparent areas, plus the image is only made up
of 4 different colours so you have a lot of space left in the colour palette
to get some crisp anti-aliasing even when you run it through an image
optimiser (Adobe ImageReady is damn fine IMO).

And after I typed all of this I just noticed this image is inside of Flash
movie. Don't worry, the same technique applies. I'd personally import an
uncompressed BMP or PICT of that image into Flash first then optimise it
second (look at the properties for the image in the Flash library - you got
a few compression options in there - try and go for the Lossless compression
first but tinker with teh JPEG settings if you can't get the file sizes
small enough).

Hope this helps...

MOU