On Wednesday 14 January 2004 12:47 am, Franni Vincent wrote:
 Well, folks, you remember the 'goosemanure' comments I made at
 planning atage of this... I almost hesitate to ask you to look at it,
 but...

I see what you mean about the goose manure :-(

One thing I would say is that the little book icon next to the voting
choices doesn't make it obvious that it should be clicked - hovering
over it until the tooltip pops up tells you that you should click it,
but the cursor does not change when you mouse over it, so if you don't
wait for the tooltip to popup up it doesn't look like it's a link.

Perhaps wrap them in <a> tags, or there's a CSS rule that can change the
cursor - can't remember what it is right now, but a quick Google would
tell you!

Other than that, doesn't look too bad!

Cheers

David P

Thanks! I have minimal css on the site at the moment, cursor is supposed to change to the hand, but can well believe I might not have got it right yet.
*&^% the client's view - I have added it to the instruction at the beginning of the vote form, will look at changing code tonight! Slowly.Ver slowly!

I've had all sorts of probs getting the cursor:hand working so that clicking on either the bookname or the image works. Both on the voting form & on the Buy the Books section at
http://www.whsmithbookawards.co.uk/whsmith/list.php
In the end I gave up - & left the image linked to the popup - you know what it's like when you think 'Ok, this code ain't gonna defeat me' but you need sleep? WHEN I have had some sleep, I'll have another go... what works in HTML is really defeating me when it comes to sorting out the php...

The SMS application is behaving like a little lamb, which is always my worst worry, as we're about to start a Textaid SMS application running concurrently on the same server. Fortunately there's no website involved on that or I'd be white haired.

The good news is the site made it to The Times today...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-2-962451,00.html

I may have a beer on the strength of that later if I can stay awake.
:-)

Franni

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.