Hi all.

I have text files that have rows of comma-separated elements that I want to
insert as records into a database table. I am trying to upload these csv
files and read them line-by-line using the php "file" function:

$text=file($file);
foreach ($text as $record)
{
}

 I can get this to work when I upload the csv as "text" using an ftp
program, but not when I use an html form and a "file" input. This seems to
be uploading them as raw data and ignoring the line endings, causing all of
the lines to run together.

Is there some way to set the uploads as "text" or change the line endings
back to something the "file" function recognizes?

Thanks!

steve miller