That is interesting Amanda.   I suppose MS are to be lauded for such
an addition.    I, though, haven't updated - not knowingly;   I
suppose there is some automatic thing I haven't noticed since ZA
doesn't distinguish the different activities of a permitted net user.

Joseph
Chacha Joe
For a site of laughs and a FREE ezine:
www.smilepoetryweekly.com

> Joseph,
> The newest MS critical update for IE disables passing login names
and
> passwords in URLs because this technique is used by some phishers.
As you
> found, this change has also broken a great many legitimate web
applications
> out there.  Microsoft's answer is that they shouldn't have been
doing that
> in the first place because it's an insecure practice.  See
> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114519,00.asp
>
> Firebird 1, IE 0 ... :)
> Amanda Birmingham
> Web Application Developer
>
> At 03:30 AM 2/6/2004, you wrote:
> >M$ haters will be happy to explain this:
> >
> >It was IE that couldn't connect to paypal;  Opera has done it with
no
> >problem!  ?;-)
> >
> >Joseph
> >
> > > I am finding it impossible to get to the paypal site.   Is it
down?
> > > (unlikely)   Or have I a problem?
> > >
> > > Joseph
> > >

> ____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
> To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the
email.
> To change subscription settings to the wdvltalk digest version:

> You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
%%email.unsub%%