At 09:34 PM 02/16/2004 -0800, you wrote:
I had a similar problem several months ago.
It happened shortly after installing an MS critical update.
I'm not sure what fixed it but flushdns was one of the tools I
tried.
Another trick I tried that worked was to type in the url in the
cookies allowed entry box under
Internet Explorer/tools/internet options/privacy/edit.

AuntySpam, SLP Coordinator, pspug.org

Thanks, Aunty!  You're a jewel! The "cookies allowed" trick
didn't help, but running "ipconfig /flushdns" worked like a
charm - at least, as far as adobe was concerned. (I still
can't reach my own site with the www. prefix, but my host
technicians say they can - go figure!)

Now, since I was able to reach Adobe, I looked up what they
had regarding their purchase of Syntrillium Software. It
appears that they kept Cool Edit Pro, but renamed it to
"Audition". They also stated that Cool Edit 2000 and Wind
Chimes, and all the other programs they acquired in the
purchase of Syntrillium were "discontinued"!

My question is this... I purchased "Wind Chimes" from
Syntrillium (which no longer exists after their purchase by
Adobe) and Wind Chimes is no longer available from Adobe.
Does that place it in the "public domain" category? I'd
love to be able to share it with others - it's a great
relaxation program that runs in the background.

I'm just unclear about what happens when a program becomes
'orphaned' by a merger where one company cannabalizes
another the company they buy, keeping only what they want
and trashing the rest! Symantic (Norton) has done that to
so many companies that I refuse to buy anything from
Symantic. It looks like Adobe is going down the same road. :(

Cheers,
Tom
 Here's a few of the programs I use myself!
http://aznewyou.com/cyberpub/whatsnew.shtml

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.