Peter,

I think Brits have got bored with the industrial revolution.   Either
that or the country has lost all sense of purpose and direction.    I
think Morgan is the only company that ignores all the changes and gets
on with hand making highly priced and highly prized vehicles;  sorry
they are not ambulances!

Joseph

Thanks, Joseph - someone else had sent me MMB and I'd found Dennis but
they
don't do ambulances.

Seems the biggest ambulance maker in UK went into liquidation in 2002
with
loss of 300 jobs thanks directly to the EU Tendering policy that makes
all
Public Bodies go out to tender for this sort of value and the
Continentals
have undercut everyone. There is a suspicion they are "loss leading"
but of
course it cannot be proved.

Peter MacGregor