Thanks Cheryl and Andrew-

This is obviously a complex issue and it will take me some time to fully
absorb all the information provided and to work my way through the linked
document! Right now I am just trying to learn how to create a totally CSS
page. I have no need (at the moment) to address other devices. My clients
(and their customers) tend to be at the low end of the tech spectrum. Heck--
some are still trying to accommodate folks with no email address and others
who are still using Netscape 4! I don't need to worry about how the sites
will look on a PDA but I need to be moving that way. I don't want to be
creating sites that will be obsolete. One problem with the less than tech
savvy client is they do not understand that the Internet changes. They seem
to believe that a web site is static -- like a brochure. Once the site is
up - it will work fine forever. So my job is to be aware of the technology
and find the best compromise approach.

Anyway, I got some great feedback and will now try to sort it all out. I
have been working through the Eric Meyer book as well as Cascading Style
Sheets by Molly Holzschlag. I was at the end of Mollie's book but now I see
I need to go back to chapter one and spend some time with the info she
presents on structured markup.

Thanks for your comments
Janet