Sorry for taking so long to get back on this...

Bj & Mark :o)
I hadn't thought of Flash or Director, but I wouldn't have thought that
they would be the ideal way of approaching things. Something along the
lines of QT was the suggestion I was hoping for but as you said, the
download would be a pain in the ass for the end user.

Dons example is exactly how i thought it should be handled, as this is
the most common way I have seen it dealt with in the past but I didn't
know how to go about it or how to get past the nitty gritty :o)

But thanks for your suggestions & time.

all my best
jac.