----- Original Message -----
From: <john.f.hughes
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: March 31, 2004 12:13 AM
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: Client side include?

> As an aside. If we take the method
> <script type="text/javascript" src="myInclude.js"></script>
> as an example, I wonder which would be quicker and more economic: ssi
or
> simply using the javascript include if you were serving the page over
the
> www. Do any of you happen to know?

Over the web your customers would perceive the server side includes to
be faster as they are generated before anything is output to the browser
(the client) and then it is part of that page file, not as a separate
file when they see it. With the JavaScript solution, the included code
must be downloaded first along with the JavaScript code to actually
include it. The client side never sees the server side include.

hth!

cheers,

       Mark