At 04:03 PM 4/11/2004 +0100, Peter MacGregor wrote:
Have you found any way to change which of your Personalities is the Dominant one? I haven't and it is a pain. I run three companies and have to try and remember to change the From name with the drip-down box if I don't want to use my main address. yesterday I was checking out some sites and wanted to email them - clicking the Contact opened the Eudora Composer screen - but with the dominant address shown and I wanted another one. Would have been far easier to change the dominant for a couple of hours and then change it back! I know a few went out without the change as I'd hit "Send" before remembering it!

Peter MacGregor

Sorry, Pete, but Eudora 4.22 places the dominate email address in the top [Settings] section of the eudora.ini file, whereas each 'personality' is first listed in the .ini file under [Personallities] as 'Persona#=Persona-YourAssignedName' and then, under a section labeled as [Persona-YourAssignedName], all the variables for the particular 'persona' are listed.

I have noticed, however, that when you reply to an email sent to a
specific 'persona', Eudora will default to placing the 'persona'
address in the "From:" field. You only have to remember to change
it when you are creating a 'new' message.

Cheers,
Tom

 Protect your web pages with fr*ee encryption!!
     Download now!!  No Purchase Necessary!
http://aznewyou.com/cyberpub/cpwebprotect.shtml

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.