Dave,

Thanks for the answer.

I see the point and the manual is (fairly) clear.
But this is where I am at the moment
 include_once("$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/classes/clsMetaContent.php' ");

(Now I guessed I might not have converted $_SERVER correctly, but I am lost
!)

and it produces this:

 parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or
T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING

I have put it in the comon.php file, which is where clsMetaContent.php  is
called from, and that from layout.php.   I would have thought the repetition
problem was the same for the other pages that do work.   The include_once(),
as I have done it, gives all pages the parse error.

Joseph

On Thursday 15 April 2004 23:10, Smile-Poet wrote:
> Three appear to work as intended; so why should the fourth bring up
> this:
>
> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class meta in
> c:\easyphp1-7\www\classes\clsMetaContent.php on line 5
>
> line 5 is merely '{' following line 4: Class meta.
>
> Where might the hitch be?

It sounds as though you're include()ing clsMetaContent.php twice.

You might want to try include_once() or require_once() instead of
include() or require().

Cheers

David P