Jon,

I tried that and no effect;  I found a 'tyop' (which describes it perfectly)
and no effect.   The file begins with two other includes which cause no
problem - even though (by error) I at first had a cut and paste of one of
those it still produced the error.

This is the foreach:
 foreach ($xml_tree[PRODUCTINFO][0][DETAILS] AS $product) {

Followed by a set of lines which are variations on this cut and paste
$product_manufacturer = $product[MANUFACTURER][0][VALUE];

These are part of a script to get to Amazon.   I am testing without getting
amazon codes, but I can't why that should produce this error;    there is an
error report for 'service down', which I do expect to see.

Joseph

> Joseph,
>
> > include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].
> >             '/html/books_layout.html';
> >
> > unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';'
> >
> > What might be causing the confusion?
>
> include() is a function, so you need to surround the address with
brackets,
> like this:
>
> include ($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']. '/html/books_layout.html');
>
> That may not be the cause of this particular error (you may have a tyop on
> line above) but it's certainly a good starting point :-)
>
> Cheers
> Jon
>

> ____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
> To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.