-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Clutterbuck Subject: [wdvltalk] RE: SMTP on Windows 2000, round 2

Hi drew

> What relay restrictions did you put in place?

The current relay restrictions are messed up but are as follows:

-- Only computers in the list can access (but the list is empty)
-- "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay..." is
checked.

I know what I want to acheive with the configuration, but with all this
being new to me I'm having real problems translating it into actual security
settings. Basically I only want a handful of people to send e-mail from this
server (I thought I had set up a specific list for the Windows security
packagae to authenticate but that's also stopped working), but anybody can
send mail to those addresses. The Inbox is then checked remotely using the
POP3 service I've got (that bit works fine)

Cheers!

MOU

Have you tried it unchecking "Allow all computers which successfully
authenticate to relay..." with the approved list?

drew