Hi Robert,
I know you have to do more, but not exactly which one at this time.

1. You set up your IIS to run in Win xp Pro.
2. You have the .net framework installed.
3. Are you supposed to install some type of asp.net in the wwwroot
directory?
4. Did you set up a virtual directory (so localhost will work) in the IIS Directory?

I have all of my internet files in one directory on C drive. I made that directory my virtual directory in the IIS Default Web Site area, then I'm able to access http://localhost/....... and all pages asp or otherwise work just fine.

Sure wish I had more information to give you.

Jan

Hoenig, Robert wrote:
I'm trying to run asp.net pages from my local computer. I have IIS
installed with the .net framework. I have Windows XP Pro SP1. I don't get
an error when I run the page but nothing is displayed. I'm trying to
display a text box and a button. When I copy this page to a 2003 server
configured for .net it works. I have the web.config in the root of my
localhost web site. Is there something else I have to configure to get this
to work?

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.