-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Glasgow

What are you willing to spend and how much do you need the PC? 512 MB is
sufficient to run XP in a workstation role. A PCI network card (Ethernet)
can be had for $12-20. Unless you have a site license with a spare unused
user, XP Pro will set you back a couple of hundred (I've seen the upgrade
for $179. YMMV). The modem isn't a problem, and may be a bonus, since you
can, if you wish, set the machine up for fax. Figure approximately $200 -
250 to get the OS upgraded and the PC network-capable. Is that a reasonable
cost in view of your needs?

Cheers,
Scott