Mark,

I took the brace out, and I put two in,  -- and then I did get some error
reporting!!

But there is something weird.   In the working set the closing curly brace
is well down the page, but when I put this one in the equivalent spot it
misses everything but what comes after.   Which shows the fault is higher
up, at least.

Joseph