No, you're receiving these emails because someone ELSE's machine is infected (possibly many other elses). The fact that you are receiving notice of their arrival indicates that your antivirus is on the job and doing a good job of protecting you against this threat. That's why you can't find anything--your antivirus has already either quarantined or deleted them on the way in.

Cheers,
Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "jac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 5:07 AM
Subject: [wdvltalk] Some advice on Win32.Sober.I - please

Hi Guys,
over the last week or so i've been getting approx. 20-30 emails per day
all containing the known text of the virus Win32.Sober.I  - supposedly
from my other domain fireballmedia.ie. So last night I downloaded the
removal tool from Symantec but it didn't find the virus on my machine.
My virus definitions are uptodate & I also did a full scan last night.
I'm always very careful when dealing with emails and potential
infections but I am confused - am i receiving these emails cause my
machine is infected or what?? ANY advice would be appreciated.

e.g.:
This one came in and Norton had deleted the virus attachement...

----------

I was surprised, too!
Who_could_suspect_something_like_that? shityiiiii

*-*-* Mail_Scanner: No Virus
*-*-* FIREBALLMEDIA- Anti_Virus Service
*-*-* http://www.fireballmedia.ie

Thanks a mil!

jac.

____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
To change subscription settings or add a password:

To change subscription settings or add a password: