-----Original Message-----
From: Gerenday, Perry (P.)
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 2:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Re: [wdvltalk] Alphanumeric Ordered List

BJ wrote:

> Try:
>
> <dt>1.</dt>
> <dd>text text text</dd>
> <dt>2a.</dt>
> <dd>text text text</dd>
> (etc)
>
> This will give you the same block layout as <li> would

Hmmmm,
That has promise.
I actually had to look up what the <dt> & <dd> tags where for.
I've never used them.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Drew Wrote:

> ...the other choice is to use a list-style-type:none for the main
> entries and enter them yourself.

Ahhh, that's the kind of "hackishness" I was looking for.
I'll try this too.

...but, as Cheryl pointed out, neither of these would be semantically
correct.

Thanks,
Perry Gerenday

Why wouldn't it be correct? The author is simply using her/his own version
of an unordered list. That style-type:none exists in the specs indicates to
me that such author based constructs are perfectly legitimate and not at all
"hackish". It is the content, the author's intent, which is determinant. The
"grammar" is intended to convey the intent not restrict it.

drew

To change subscription settings or add a password: