I'm with Tim in that I don't think every form should trigger a postback to
the server. There are many occasions where that's just a waste of time and
bandwidth. In many respect I tend to think that ASP.NET makes more sense for
intranets and enterprise applications that run on a webserver. That's where
you are more likely to have a separation between designer and developer.
Though in cases where there is a change in the person updating pages it not
the original developer it is nice to have the code where it is less likely
to be messed up.

I've only had one production site that ran on ASP.NET and that only used the
ASP.NET for Calendar, Registration and Mail functions I never could get into
that whole "project" thing required in Visual Studio. As a result I rarely
use code behind.

The changes in Whidbey make it a much better tool for a web developer than
the current version (or the previous one). Add to that the new
personalization and login libraries and I will probably start using it more
once ASP.NET 2.0 framework is deployable on commercial sites. Right now the
license terms prevent it from being used in a production environment. Though
I've had no stability or other issues with it. (Course I run betas in a
Virtual PC whenever possible.) I've played with the Whidbey beta and have
downloaded but not really used the Visual Web Developer 2005 Beta (public
beta).

Cheryl D. Wise
Certified Professional Web Developer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP