Surely the PC used to burn the disk (not as a DVD as he doesn't have a DVD burner) doesn't add anything that it isn't told to add?

I've made CDs and sent them to people and never had a complaint and I've just copied the files I wanted across in Nero and then burnt, which is what he did - I was there at the time but never thought to check it on his DVD player or another machine. It's film we made ourselves while touring so no problem with copyright etc.

Can anyone reading this point me to a site that gives a good non-technical (or where the technology is clearly explained) guide to making disks or transferring camcorder video to disk and/or DVDs for beginners?

Thanks for the help Ross

Peter MacGregor